- Contact details
- Met onze klantenservice: please contact us at email@example.com
- How we collect and process your personal data
We collect your personal data when you have contact with us or when you use one of our services. We also look at how visitors use our sites in order to improve our services and optimize the customer experience.
We collect data:
- If you create an account with us or change your account settings;
- If you contact us directly via email, telephone, post, text message, or chat;
- When you browse and use our sites (including before creating an account with us).
We also collect data from third-party websites, such as advertising platforms (and from those who assist us in fraud prevention).
- Which personal data we collect from you
As part of our commitment to protecting the privacy of our customers and visitors to our sites, we would like to provide clarity about the types of personal data we collect from you.
When you visit our sites or accept a Cleany job through the sites, you will be asked to provide information about yourself, such as your name, contact details, details about yourself and payment, such as credit or bank card details.
In addition, we obtain information about your use of the Sites and information about you from messages you post on the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via email, post, telephone or chat. If you contact us by phone, the conversation will be recorded for training purposes, to improve our services, and notes will be made of the conversation. We also collect your information when you contact our concierges through the chat function on our site.
We collect technical data about your mobile phone or computer, such as which operating system is used, the type of device and connection and the IP address from which you visit our sites.
We also collect technical data about your use of our services via a mobile device, such as the provider, location data and performance data, such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other Retail technology such as NFC Tags, QR Codes and / or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have set the settings of your device and / or platform so that you are anonymous, this information can be automatically collected and used by us when you use the Cleany.Works app or the browser of your mobile device (s) or otherwise use our services.
We only process health information about you that you provide voluntarily and for which you give permission.
- Use of your data
We only process the (personal) data that we collect about you if there is a reason for this and this reason is permitted under data protection legislation. We have a legal basis to process your personal data when we need to process it in order to provide you with the services you request, to enter into a contract with you, if we have your consent, if we have a legitimate interest to do so, or if we have a legal obligation to do so. we use your personal data for:
When we need to process your personal data in order to provide you with the requested services or to enter into an agreement with you
- To be able to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the sites;
- To provide you with the requested services;
- To obtain payment from you; and
- To contact you when necessary in connection with the provision of the services, for example to solve problems with your order.
We also process your personal data if we have legitimate reasons for doing so - for example to adapt our services to your personal preferences.
These reasons are listed below:
- Improving the efficiency and quality of the service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
- To tailor the content that we or our partners or advertising partners show you to your preferences,
- To enable our customer support to assist you in the most efficient manner if you have any questions or complaints;
- To contact you to ask for your opinion and feedback about our services and to inform you of important changes or developments on the sites or in our services, and - if you have indicated that you wish to receive this information - you let us know if we have expanded our services to other areas;
- To analyze your activities on the sites for the administration, support, improvement and development of our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to prevent fraud;
- To enforce compliance with the provisions of agreements and other agreements entered into with you, to establish or defend legal claims and to exercise and protect the rights of Cleany.Works, partners, customers, fellow Cleanies and others, including fraud prevention);
- If you provide comments and feedback about the sites and services, we may use that comment and feedback on our websites and in our marketing or advertising materials. In that case, we only identify you by your first name and place of residence;
- If you have chosen to receive push notifications through our mobile app, to send push notifications regarding the services you have requested from us and information about our services and offers. You can choose to stop receiving our push notifications at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile.
We also analyze information about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles related to and for you. This means that we make certain assumptions about what you might be interested in and use this to, for example, send you more tailored marketing messages, or make suggestions of locations you may be interested in, or notify you about special offers. or products you may be interested in. This activity is considered profiling. You have certain rights with regard to this type of processing. See the "Your rights" article below for more information.
When we rely on legitimate reasons as the legal basis for the processing of your personal data, we carry out a balancing of interests to determine whether the processing is necessary and your fundamental privacy rights do not outweigh our legitimate interests. If you would like more information about this balancing of interests, you can contact us as described above.
If we have a legal obligation to do so, we can use your personal data to:
- Keep an administration of your jobs; and
- Comply with other legal obligations or applicable regulations.
- Direct marketing
If you have given us permission to do so or if we have a legitimate reason for this (and this is permitted by law), we will use your personal data to inform you about our other products and services that we think you may be interested in. We can contact you by e-mail or telephone (including push notifications). You can manage your marketing preferences by:
- Visit our website, Cleany.Works, or open the app;
- Clicking on “Account” (this can be found on the website in the drop-down menu); and
- Scrolling to “Marketing Preferences”.
You can manage your marketing preferences for push notifications in your mobile settings or by contacting us (see Contact details).
- Automated decision making
We check all our customers for fraud. If fraudulent activity is suspected, we may block you from posting jobs and using our websites.
We check all our customers for fraud because this is necessary for the performance of the agreed services with customers. We do this by checking whether payment is made for our services. This check also serves to protect individuals against fraudulent transactions with their payment card.
Due to the number of clients and orders we deal with, we use automated systems, including a third party, to decide whether or not to accept a job. We believe this is a fairer, more accurate and more efficient method of fraud detection, as verification by natural persons would not be possible due to the number of customers we deal with.
The checks and decisions are based on several components, including industry-standard fraud indications that our fraud detection service provider makes available to us, as well as fraud patterns that we detect on our sites. The combination of these automatically generates a score that indicates the likelihood of a fraudulent transaction. If our system indicates a high score, we can refuse a job or even block you from our services. The specific fraud indications are dynamic as they change depending on the types of fraud detected in the wider world, in the country and on our site at any given time.
Our fraud detection serves to protect all our customers as well as Cleany.Works. You have the right to object to a fraud-related decision that has been made about you. You also have the right to information on how such a decision was made by contacting us as described in Section 1. You enjoy certain rights in relation to these activities - please read the Your rights section for more information.
- How long we keep your data
We do not store your personal data longer than we think is strictly necessary.
Information collected by us will be retained for as long as necessary for the purposes described in the "Use of my information" section, in accordance with our legitimate interests or for the period prescribed by applicable law or regulation, for example for reporting purposes.
When determining the applicable retention periods, we take the following factors into account:
- Our contractual obligations and rights with regard to the data concerned;
- Legal obligation (s) to keep data for a certain period of time;
- The statutory limitation periods according to applicable law;
- Our legitimate interests for processing, provided we have carried out a balancing of interests (see art. "How we use your data");
- (Possible) disputes; and
- Guidelines issued by the relevant data protection authority.
In all other cases, your personal data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
- How we share your information
The information we collect about you is transferred to and stored on our servers within the EU. We are very careful and transparent about who we share your personal data with worldwide.
How we share your data internally: We share your personal data with other parts of the Cleany.Works group to the extent necessary in connection with the purposes mentioned in article 4.
How we share your information with third parties: We share your personal information with external service providers who store your personal information on their servers. These external service providers include:
- Payment service providers (including online payment service and fraud detection providers):to enable them to provide their services to us, such as processing credit card payments or conducting fraud control for us, or providing support services to you;
- IT service providers (including cloud service providers): for data storage and analysis purposes;
- Partners: where you have placed a job, to solve problems and improve their services;
- Cleanies: so that they can accept your job;
- Customer Support Partners: who help us solve problems you have with our services;
- Marketing and advertising partners: so that they can ensure that you only see ads that are relevant to you and so that they can send you marketing communications by email on our behalf.
When we enter into a partnership, merge with or are acquired by another company or take over another company: to the other company, our new business partners or owners, or their advisers.
We can also disclose your personal data:
- If we are obliged (and / or if we believe we are obliged) to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation or regulation. This includes a legal obligation to respond to requests for information from the police or to exchange information with other companies or organizations to protect against and prevent fraud;
- To enforce compliance with the terms of our agreement with you or any other agreement;
- To protect the rights of Cleany.Works, partners, cleanies, and others and to prevent fraud
- To those third parties if we reasonably consider necessary to establish or prevent crimes, e.g. the police..
International transfers of data:
- In certain cases, the personal data we process may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as the United States, the Philippines and other countries in which Cleany.Works or its affiliates with Cleany.Works operate. These countries may not have the same level of data protection as the EEA. We are obliged to ensure that the personal data processed by us and our suppliers outside the EEA enjoy the same protection as within the EEA. Certain safeguards apply to this end.
- We ensure that your personal data enjoys the same level of protection by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- Your personal data will be transferred to a country that the European Commission considers to have at least an adequate level of data protection;
- We use the EU approved Standard Contractual Clauses; and
- When your personal data is transferred to third parties in the US, this will only happen if they have declared that they voluntarily submit to the Privacy Shield certification with regard to the transferred data type, under which they are obliged to apply the same level of data protection to personal data. that are shared between the EU and the US.
- If you would like to find out more about the countries to which your personal data may be transferred and the specific measures taken by us in the context of the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, please contact us as indicated above.
- Security measures
We have put in place powerful technologies and policies to ensure that the personal data we hold is adequately protected.
is adequately protected. We have taken measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access and unlawful processing, unintentional loss, destruction and damage.
If you have chosen to set a password for certain parts of the sites, you are responsible for keeping them confidential. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone.
Sending data over the internet is never completely secure. Although we have taken measures to protect your personal data, we can never fully guarantee the security of your data that is sent to us; every shipment is therefore at your own risk. Once your personal data is in our possession, we will apply strict procedures and security measures to protect it against unauthorized access
- Your rights
You have certain rights under data protection law with regard to the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise these rights, you can contact us as set out below. For more information about your rights, you can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
The right to be notified. You have the right to be informed in a clear, transparent and easily understandable manner about how we use your personal data and about your rights. This is why we provide you with information in this policy.
The right of access You have the right to inspect your personal data (if these are processed by us). This allows you, for example, to check whether we use your personal data in accordance with data protection law. If you want to view the information we hold about you, you can contact us (see Contact details).
The right to rectification. You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is incorrect or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in the information we hold about you by contacting us (see Contact Information).
The right to data erasure ("right to be forgotten") In simple terms, this right means that you can request that we delete or remove the information we hold about you. You can contact us for this (see Contact details). This right is not absolute and only applies in certain cases.
The right to restriction of processing You have the right to have the further use of your personal data "blocked" or "suppressed". If the processing of your persoonsgegevens is beperkt kunnen we deze echter nog wel opslaan; we maken er alleen verder geen gebruik meer van.
The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form so that you can reuse it for your own purposes with other service providers. However, this is not a general right and there are exceptions. Please contact us if you would like to know more about this (see Contact details).
The right to file a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority about the way in which we treat or process your personal data (see Complaints).
The right to withdraw consent. If you have given us consent for something we do with your personal data (i.e. if we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing certain personal data), you can withdraw this consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see Contact details). However, withdrawing your consent does not make us unlawful use of your personal data at the time of your consent.
The right to object to the processing. You have the right to object to certain forms of processing, including for direct marketing purposes and profiling. You can object by changing your marketing preferences, by disabling cookies, as set out above in Art. 7 and 8, or by contacting us (see Contact details).
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled a complaint from you or if you believe that the processing of your personal data is not in accordance with data protection law, you can turn to:
- Cleany.Works HQ – Chief Data, Thijs Bour, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Cleany.Works
and / or the Dutch Data Protection Authority:
Visiting address: Bezuidenhoutseweg 30, 2594 AV Den Haag
Corresponding address:Postbus 93374, 2509 AJ Den Haag
Tel.: 088-1805 250